Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Its been a busy last couple of weeks!!!


Ive been seriously slacking in updating everyone on things going on. WE have had a busy past couple of weeks. The weekend of the 17th Casey got married...the wedding was a blast!!! Tristan looked adorable in his tux! I'm a little sad that he probably wont be wearing it again, unless I decide to dress him up for no reason, but hes probably way more comfortable in his sweat pants, so I wont torture the kid. Every time we see family, it makes me a bit sad---b/c I realize how awesome it would be to have more family close by for Tristan. Destin's housing market is way down right not so in case anyone is wondering, now would be a great time to make the move :-).


After recovering for a few days in Destin, I flew up to Charlotte with Tristan. I got our plane ticket on priceline...which got us a great price...but unfortunately we did not get to choose the times of the flights. Our flight left Pensacola at 5:30 am...which meant we left the house at 3:30 and Tristan did not fall asleep in the car like I was hoping he would. He waited until we were 5 minutes from the airport to fall asleep! The security checkpoint in Pensacola is borderline RIDICULOUS...it took us 30 minutes to get through (not because of a line). With the whole you cant travel with liquids exceeding 3 ounces causes them to go through a LONG process of checking Tristan's food for explosives. I have flown through a couple of airports with Tristan and his food and only in Pensacola do they take forever to make sure his food is indeed actually his food and I'm not trying to smuggle in materials to make a bomb once aboard the plane. We almost missed our flight, had to run with Tristan to make it to our gate, which he for some reason thought was really funny...he was laughing the whole time. Then once we got to the gate the oh so nice by the books gate guy informed me that I had too many bags and that I needed to check one of them. I had to explain to him that each person is allowed one carry on, one personal bag, and computer bags do not count...and anything that is needed to travel with an infant also does not count towards your "allowed items aboard plane." Once he finally checked with his "higher ups," he let me on the plane. I was pretty annoyed at this point.



Tristan was an angel on the flight to Atlanta...and then was pretty awesome on the flight to Charlotte as well. As long as Tristan has his Cheetos (the bag says all natural, no preservatives---but its probably a lie) he is one happy little person.


Hopefully the flight home wont be such a pain!!!


Tristan has had a great time in Charlotte being surrounded by his uncles and grandmother (babcia). He is still into everything and is cruising around furniture like its his job. He is still the messiest eater in the world (but some improvements are being seen). He is "talking" alot now, he is non stop babbling something in his own little language. I'm also not sure but it seems as though he is calling me "ma-da." He is also starting to clap, and wants all eyes on him while he does this.




Tristan is ready for Halloween, and I cant wait to see him in his little outfit!!! He is going to be AUBIE!!! I got him a cute little Tiger outfit and he will wear his auburn Jersey over it. I got some face paint as well...but I'm just going to paint his nose and maybe some whiskers. I cant wait until he decides what he wants to be, but until that time comes, I'm going to have fun picking out his costume!


Oh yeah, and Tristan's hair is finally starting to grow! He is a little Blondie! He still has no teeth, and I don't really see any coming in right now. Corey was a little over 7 months when he got his first tooth, I was closer to a year...so it might still be a while!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers