Sunday, April 17, 2011

Beach Bums

On the windiest day of the year, we decided to take it easy and hangout on the beach.  It was way to windy for us to paddleboard or boat out, so we headed to a Beach off of Old 98, at a friend's condo. 
It was good to take a break from doing anything around the house or working, and we all had a blast.  After the beach we headed to the pool and then we grilled out for dinner. 
This year has been great on the beach with Tristan, lasst year he fought napping on the beach or boat.  This year he goes and goes and goes, and then decides he is tired and usually puts himself to sleep (which is AWESOME).  Last year Tristan was a water rat and you couldnt keep him out of the pool, this year he is being a little scared, so we are headed back to swim lessons and hopefully he will be back to being fearless (well it will be good if he can keep a little of the fear) around the pool, maybe its that the water is a bit cold, but i have a feeling he is just way more aware of his surroundings and it scares him.  Tristan has been doing great whenever we take him places, he is getting better at listening, he still tests his limits, but he is listening and overall is not a terror when we are at someone elses house...he is a terror at our house most of the time though.
And I am finally decluttering Tristan's room, and making a space for every thing in there.  and MAKING him put things back, now I just need to wait for Goodwill to come get the pile of toys and other things I am giving away.  I put away a few of my favorite toys to keep for a possible child #2, but i would quickly fill the attic if I kept every little thing.  Somehow I have collected a lot of "stuff" over the years, so I am going to spend some time and give a little to Goodwill or some of the other charities around here.  I mean i have clothes in my closet that I havent worn in over 10 years, time to finally let some of that stuff go.

We just got a new VITAMIX blender, the most amazing thing that i have put in my kitchen, I have moved it ahead of the kitchen aid mixer that i love.  The blender is awesome, it has a ton of uses, but I have only used it so far to make smoothies...I made Corey 3 smoothies today, I finally had to tell him that I am not his personal smoothie king.  The blender is a little on the pricy side, well a lot on the pricy side (thanks mom), but it does have a 7 year warranty, and since its the same blenders that most smoothie restaurants use, i can gurantee that we wont be going to a smoothie place in destin anymore.  It also makes the best pina coladas.  Tristan and I now have a smoothie (small one) fo rhis snack after school, it hold him over til dinner, gets some fruit and vegs in, and keeps him away from snacking on other things while he waits for dinner.  Today when i was cooking, he comes into the kitchen and says "mommy, what time is dinner, im ready"...

Tristan is quite the talker these days, and i laugh at something he does at least 5 times a day, we are so lucky to have such an awesome son!  His personality and attitude are great, even though he pushes the limits and is constantly in to EVERYTHING, he is such a sweet little man to be around.

Below are some pictures from our day at the beach:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers