Saturday, March 6, 2010

And.....we are back to the bottles

So after torturing poor little man and forcing him to drink out of sippy cups---we gave in.  He was so excited about his bottle.  We will try again in a couple of weeks, but for now I'm going to keep it a little more predictable.  We will still be using the sippy cup throughout the day, but I will give him a bottle before his nap, and then before he goes to sleep at night.  Twice a day (20 oz---2 bottles at 10 oz) he will get a bottle, that will ensure me that he is getting the milk he needs.  Will make for an awesome nap, and bedtime will go a little smoother.  So during the next month we are really going to focus on becoming "ONE" with our sippy cup, and then we will drop the nap time bottle (I think we could drop it now, but for my sake going to hold onto it for a few more weeks).  Then at 13 months hopefully we will just do the night time bottle after dinner before bed...with a goal of dropping it completly around 14/15 months.

I dont think I spent enough time with the sippy cup prior to his first birthday, and it was a bit mean of me to just take it away.  Maybe next time i post that we are bottle free it will be for real :-)

On another note, Tristan and I just got back from his friend Eli's First Birthday.  Eli has a pool at his house, and once Tristan saw this he went into PANIC mode, he was trying so hard to get away from me and just wanted to climb in.  So after a few minutes of panic, we put the boys in Eli's wagon and took them around the pool for a couple of laps---which thankfully got Tristan's mind off of the gigantic bathtub he was wanting to get in earlier.   I love when we have places to go and kids to play with because Tristan always instantly falls asleep in the car on the way home, and stays asleep while I move him form the car to his crib---its the best. 

Now if only I had a maid so that I could use his naptime as a time to sit and do nothing, not the case---oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers