Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bottle Free...So far!!!

So far we have been bottle free since Monday night!!!  He wasnt too happy with me Tuesday morning, he kept throwing his sippy cup at me and wanted nothing to do with it.  But he is drinking better from his sippy cups than he ever has before, and I think he is drinking all the milk he needs from them.  I did notice that his appetite for regular food went way up--so I guess thats a good thing!
Also we went to the store today, I wanted to get him a few more cups (i dont wash cups during the day, just rinse and save the washing for the evening, so i need enough cups to last through the day, call me wasteful--but I really dont care), and he was grabbing at all the different sippy cups....did not touch one of the bottles in the isle, just the sippy cups.  So I think this is a good sign!
Tristan also has a new thing that he does, which is hilarious and not sure where he got it from.  But everytime he sees a drink (could be anything) he opens his mouth and say "ahhh" but as in a refreshing quench my thirst "ahh". 
But an ANNNNNOYING habit he picked up from Einstein (our dog), is hte whining.  THos eof you who have had the pleasure to meet Einstein know that he has a tendecy to whimper when he wants something.  "So recently when Tristan wants something he does the same whine " eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh ."  This is my least favorite thing that Tristan does.

Anyways all of Tristan's bottles are cleaned and put away, and I intend on keeping it that way...I think if we have made it 2 days, then we are done for good! But what I will miss, is how peaceful he always was once he got a bottle when he was thirsty or hungry!!  Little baby, is turning into a little toddler...kind of sad. The picture below was his last in the car bottle at least last one I have a picture of. 
And on another note, Birthday celebrations for Corey and I are not as fun as they used to be.  We still had a great time, but the ride home was not something i want to do again.  We went out to Red Bar in Seaside.  We left our house right around the same time that Tristan normally goes to bed, Mistake number one!!!  We figured that Tristan would take a power nap (30-45 mins) in the car, but we forgot that Tristan wouldnt sleep with friends in the back
Once we got to Red Bar, we had to wait roughly an hour before we were seated, there was a live band so Tristan was into that!  He stared at the drummer the entire time.  Once dinner rolled around, it turned into me not eating because Tristan wanted to touch EVERYTHING.  It wasnt the most enjoyable dinner, but since it was Coreys Birthday I let him enjoy his meal, and we just took mine home. 
We went out to the car to get ready for the ride home before Corey, Daniel, and Clint joined us.  Tristan got changed into his PJS, and got to play drive for a couple of minutes....then I got him in his car seat...plan was for him to drink his bottle and pass out (since it was already 9:30)...well just as he got settled and was probably 2 minutes from sleeping, the guys got in the car...which made for a SCREAMING ride home, it was the longest 30 minutes of my life.  And I dont think Danile will be getting in a car with Tristan anytime soon! 
So the post that was about Tristan stopping bottles, turned into a Happy Birthday to Corey post!  And in case you were wondering, I didnt make an elaborate cake for Corey's birthday, but i didnt discover my likeness of decorating cakes until after his birthday, already have some ideas for next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers