Monday, March 1, 2010

Tristan turns ONE

Okay, so I am officially horrible at blogging, my March goal is to post more!!!

Anyways Tristan turned one this past Friday, and I threw him an Elmo themed Birthday Party. I originally wasn't going to throw him a party, but then changed my mind once the month of February rolled around.

I originally was going to get his cake from the bakery, but once I found out the price (I am TRYING to start saving where I would normally just spend), I decided to give it a go...so for roughly $10 (3 boxes of cake mix, 3 containers of icing, 1 frosting tip, cup cake liners, 9 eggs) this is what I made--I found out last week, that I like decorating cakes and cup cakes!

On the day of his actual birthday, we gave him a cupcake with a candle. While trying to show Tristan how to blow it out, he got a little sneaky on me and grabbed the candle! Needless to say he broke out into a SCREAM, and then was terrified to touch the cupcake. But eventually he dug in!


When I made the ELMO cake, my plan was for Tristan to be able to dig into the ENTIRE cake, but Corey ruined it, he said that that wasn't not happening. The whole reason I made so many cup cakes was so that all guests ate cupcakes and Tristan was able to hopefully destroy a humongous cake...I mean you only turn ONE once.


Tristan's party turned out great, everyone that RSVPd came ( I still had a TON of left over food)... and most importantly all the kids seemed to enjoy themselves. I managed to get almost all the kids that were there on the couch for a group shot-- I have about 20 of them, so the progression of the poses and facial expressions is great, but I'm including a picture that Corey edited:
Tristan took his first steps on January 20th---he finally started walking more than crawling this past weekend!!! Last night he couldn't go to bed, b/c all he wanted to do was walk, he was so proud. Only problem is, he doesn't really look where he is walking, and trips all over everything! But hopefully in a couple of weeks he wont be as clumsy!
Today was also the day of Tristan's ONE year checkup at his pediatrician's. He weighed a little over 25 lbs, and is now 32 inches tall! His doctor said that everything looks great and besides his BREAK-DOWN while getting shots the appointment was a breeze. Tomorrow, we are cold turkey stopping bottles---hopefully he doesn't throw too much of a fit. My pediatrician says that 3 seems to be the magic number of days before they forget about it. So I am looking forward to Friday!!!! Hopefully I don't give in to the bottles tomorrow! Its supposed to be super nice out the next couple of days, my plan is to play outside as much as possible in hopes that he doesn't think about his beloved bottles and just drinks milk (whole milk finally) from his sippy cups!!!





1 comment:

  1. ohhh i hated giving up bottle day! We literally just threw them all out, bought every kind of sippy cup the store had, and started that venture. We also tried regular cups but after 5 days of cleaning up milk from every part of the house, we went back to sippies! Good luck! The cake is amazing! Tristen is bigger than aubrie and just a little smaller than madyson!

    ReplyDelete

Followers